Notecards to match Typeset Specialty DSP stationery set

Monday 20 April 2015

I've had a great weekend crafting in Birmingham for 2 days with 33 other Stampin' Up! demonstrators. I arrived on Friday evening and went for a yummy Thai meal at Chaophraya with 10 lovely ladies.

On Saturday morning we all arrived at the venue, set up the tables, put our samples on display and got ourselves ready for a full day of crafting. 


I took these notecards and all of the other projects in this series as samples of my work and I was really touched that so many of my crafty friends had such lovely words to say about the set.




These notes cards fit inside the lid of the stationery tin that featured on Saturdays blog post. They are perfect for many different occasions and there is plenty of space to write a handwritten note. 

It was so nice to see what projects everyone else had made so I made sure I took lots of photos. It was so great to get new ideas and look at colour combinations I wouldn't ordinarily use.










Once we had all arrived, we started off the day with a group game, I then attended a Punch Art class and afterwards another class to learn about how to effectively utilise programs and apps to assist us with our hobby or business. 

We popped over the road to the Bull Ring to get some lunch and then spent the next part of the afternoon making the craft project that we could work on at leisure over the weekend. 


After that we swapped cards and other 3D projects with one another and then ended the day by completing 4 make and takes - each project designed by a different person. Thanks to all the ladies who created the projects and prepped everything for 34 people! and also thank you to everyone for creating some really amazing swaps. Comeback on Friday to see the swaps I made and received.


At the end of a long day of crafting, 22 of us headed over to Jamie's Italian for dinner and we all enjoyed a free taster of Amalfi lemon & Westcombe ricotta gnudi and a shot glass of limoncello. Afterwards we headed back to the hotel to have a good nights sleep before another day of crafting.


On Sunday morning I carried on working on my project and then just before lunch I attended a class on working with the Stampin' Up! specialty papers than you can find on page 192 and 193 of the Annual catalogue. I discovered that I am going to have to work a lot harder on my water colouring technique but what a great excuse to add some Aqua Painters and Watercolour paper to my next order!


I spent the rest of the afternoon chatting and made sure I had completed all of the pieces needed to complete the project, so I could finish assembling it at home. 


I can't wait to show you some pictures from the weekend but in the meantime head back to my blog on Wednesday to look at the complete Stationery Set.



Here is a sneak peek of the complete collection of 8 projects! 


Post a Comment