Pinkies Stampin' Up! 2014 Autumn Winter Catalogue Blog Hop!

Saturday 6 September 2014



Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin' Up!® Autumn/Winter Seasonal Catalogue. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping!

If you have arrived here from Jenny's blog, welcome!! I really hope you enjoy looking at the projects we have made! 

With only 110 days until Christmas, I am busy designing and making my Christmas Cards for friends, colleagues and family! I have roughly 80-100 to make so its important that I can make these fairly quickly and still ensure they still look fabulously festive and on trend. 

I love a bit of sparkle at Christmas, in fact my house is usually covered in sparkly decorations! I knew straight away that I wanted to use the glimmer paper within my design but wasn't sure how.

After a few attempts, I settled on this design. Essentially, all you need to do is punch out a hole using the new Tree Punch from a piece of cardstock slightly smaller than your card or gift box base. You then adhere your piece of glimmer paper (or patterned paper) behind it and mount it on your base use Stampin Dimensionals - simple! 

The versions of this card below use Night of Navy Cardstock and Silver Glimmer Paper and Island Indigo Cardstock and Gold Glimmer Paper - I can see myself also making this design with Blackberry Bliss, Chocolate Chip & Basic Black.


The Tree Punch is really versatile and with a matching Photopolymer Stamp Set called Festival of Trees, the possibilities are endless. I am looking forward to creating a few designs with this new stamp set, so keep an eye out for these on my blog!

For the sentiment, I have used the new Endless Wishes Photopolymer Stamp Set. There are lot of different combinations to choose from and I just love the effect of mixing up two fonts together!

I thought it would be nice to make a matching gift box and I think these are perfect to give to neighbours or work colleagues as Christmas gifts. To finish off the gift box, I have tied some Silver and Gold 1/8 Ribbon around the box. Please excuse my bows, that is a skill still in progress!

These gift boxes are filled with lots of yummy chocolates and caramels - there is a slim possibility that they will still contain these sweet treats in 3 months time. My husband, I am sure, will find them!


I wanted to show you how versatile this design is by using different colour combinations and here is my first example. 


I have used Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive and the new Trim The Tree Designer Series Paper Stack. This design is a modern twist on traditional Christmas colours. You could perhaps add a button or star to the tree, but I simply like it as it is.



This final design uses colours you wouldn't normally associate with Christmas. I have used Basic Grey & Pool Party and the coordinating Designer Series Paper Stacks (Neutrals & Subtles). I think the muted colours alongside the patterned paper look really trendy but it really depends on your taste.


I would love for you to leave a comment on which colour set you prefer? 

Dark & Glittery
Bright & Traditional 
Muted & Modern

Over the next few months I will continue to showcase more of my festive designs and will also be selecting random subscribers and commenters to receive a few of my projects.


I hope you've enjoyed looking at my projects, press next to head over to Nicole's blog to see what fabulous project she has created!


7 comments

  1. Such lovely projects Kim, well done, they are so simple and elegant and I love the style of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elegant simplicity of these Kim and it's too hard to choose which is my favourite! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and easy cards, I especially like the sparkly ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all lovely Kim especially the glittery chocolate boxes! They would not survive till Christmas in my house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all gorgeous, Kim. I love the muted and modern look :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects Kim! Don't think the chocolates would last 5 minutes in my house though! Nx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this clean and simple looking box of card, which is still very elegant.
    That glitter on the boxes gives such a festive touch.

    ReplyDelete